| 60 Second Activities for Beavers
- Challenge Beavers to count how many times they can stand up and sit down in a minute?
- Beavers are paired, a bean bag on the shoulder of one of the Beavers. How many times can they take the bean bag and put it on their own shoulder in a minute?
- How many times can each Beaver touch all four walls in a minute, either before time runs out, or before they're exhausted (never happen)?
- For this crash-bang activity, Beavers walk backwards, counting laps for the minute.
- How many times can the Beaver hop on a foot for sixty seconds. Let them alternate feet. What about two feet?
- Do a bunny hop for a minute, and count how many times they can go around set objects, say pylons. Make it harder. Do a frog hop.
- Beavers in a line do a leap frog. How many Beavers can be leapt in a minute?
- With Beavers sitting in a circle, OK the dam, how many times can they pass an object around the circle? Make it more difficult by passing two objects in opposite directions. Count how many times the objects pass at a set point, or pass.
- Two Beavers stand back to back. One has an object they pass over their head followed by between the legs. How many times can they do this in sixty seconds?
- Balance on one foot for a minute. Challenge them to close their eyes and stay balanced for the minute.
- Tie their shoes. Beavers are challenged to tie their shoes as many times as they can in the time? If this is not enough, challenge them to take the shoes off and put them back on again.
- Toss bean bags into a bucket and count how many go in during the minute.
- How many times can they repeat a tongue twister in the minute?
- With paper and pencil in hand, how many letters of the alphabet can they print in a minute? OK, how many times can they go through the alphabet in a minute? What about doing the alphabet backwards from Z?
- Something you always wanted to know — how many tiles on the floor of the room? What about ceiling tiles or concrete blocks in a wall?
- Try to exhaust your Beavers by challenging them to see how many times they can sit in each corner of the room in a minute? No piling on.
- A pair of Beavers, back to back, clap partner's hands between the legs as many times as possible in the given time.
- Beavers are to find the person in the room with a birth day closest to theirs. Birth day: such as 5 or 17. Be prepared. Some Beavers don't know when their birthday is.
- All those with a birthday in the same month get together.
- Run on the spot for a minute.
- Skip around the room for sixty seconds.
- With a partner, Beavers sit face to face, hands up, palm to palm. Clap right hand to right hand, left to left for a minute.
- Lay on the floor and stand up as many times as they can in sixty seconds. Keep count. As a variation, lay down, roll over, then stand up.
- Put the Beaver hat to use. How many times in the minute can Beavers take it off and put it back on.
- How many times in 60 seconds can Beavers put on their coat or jacket, and take it off?
- Count how many times they can go through Head, Shoulder, Knees and Toes in a minute. Or, keep it simple by just touching toes.
- Wth a partner, do a staring contest for the time.
- How many times can Beavers blink their eyes in a minute. They have to count each one, so that'll slow them down.
- Let's see if they can laugh for a minute.
- Can they count to 100 in a minute? How far can they go in a minute? How many times can they count to 10 in the minute? Count backwards from 100 — or ten.
- Say the alphabet backwards from Z. How many far did they get? How many times did they get through the alphabet? Try going front to back, such as A-Z-B-Y-etc.
- In lodges, Beavers try to come up with a list of words in alphabetical order, such as apple, beach, comic, dog. Bring the Colony together to make the list. How fast do you get through the alphabet?
- Do Jumping Jacks.
- Beavers in pairs take turns trying to make each other laugh.
- With a very long string and Beavers in a line, Beavers pass end of sting through one sleeve of their vest and out the other. How many Beavers can we thread in a minute? Make it more difficult and thread the string through the T-shirt.
- Name as many animals as they can in a minute. Put Beavers in a circle and go around in order. If a Beaver is stuck, let another act out what the next animal is. Let Beavers give the next animal as soon as they get it.
- Give each lodge a newspaper for a scavenger hunt. Find an animal, a smiling face, a not happy face, a transportation method, food, etc.
- Create a paper or sock ball, held tightly together with elastics. Beaver on their knees on the floor. Play hand hockey.
- Teams in a line, pass an object up and down the line as many times as they can in a minute.
- How many handshakes can they do in the time given. Let them do it with a partner, group, or the whole Colony.
- Use a line on the floor, masking tape about a metre apart, or table — Beavers flick a button or penny and see how close they can get it to the tape or edge.
- Play "I Spy" (with my little eye). Try the traditional colours, but also shapes, and perhaps relative sizes, such as big, small, tiny.
- Without looking at a clock or watch, estimate a minute. Start in a sitting position. Beaver stands up once they figure a minute has passed. (Suggest they count to 60 — slowly. Or use "Mississippi's").
- For a minute: Beavers take their hat off, put it on the floor and stand up. How many times can they take it off and put it back on in a minute?
- Beavers walk heel to toe. How far can they walk in a minute? How many steps can they take in a minute?
- How many times can a Beaver jump up and turn around in a minute?
- How far and how long can they crab walk?
- Each Beaver lays on the floor face down, puts his hands on the floor, then walks up to his hands. This is followed by laying back down and repeating the cycle. How many times can they do it in the time?
|| Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:11 pm
||All times are GMT - 5 Hours
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum