| Lac Philippe - Gatineau Park
|Lac Philippe - Gatineau Park, QC
No municipal address, but directions below
Toll Free: 800-465-1867
This location was chosen for a Winter Camp where the youth were to snowshoe in. We chose Group Site #4 (near Lac Renaud) at the Lac Philippe Campground in Gatineau Park. The site is approx 3.5km from the P19 parking lot along snowshoe trail #74. Park staff estimate 1 - 1.5hrs travel time. There are several sites that are available. For more information click here...
Water Body Nearby?: Yes - Lac Renaud / Lac Philippe
Kybos?: Yes - pit toilets like at Ope
Drinkable Water?: No - but can be brought in for a $15 fee if you don't want to carry it.
Kitchen Facilities?: Can prepare food in the cabins
Firewood?: Can be provided
Picnic Tables?: In some sites there are...in others they are not
Cabins?: Yes - depending on your site, and they are heated.
Large Field?: No
Hiking Trails?: Yes
Campfire Pit?: Yes
Landline Phone?: No
Cellular Phone Coverage?:
Visit SCOUTDOCS for an excellent database of information on Scout Camps in Canada
Winter Trail Map - Gatineau Park
Cabins and Yurts
Winter Camping in Gatineau Park
Medical / Emergency - The park has Ski Patrollers at Lac Phillippe 24hrs a day on weekends. There is an emergency radio in the cabin.
Start: Brown’s Independent Grocery (1251 Stittsville Main St)
1. Head north on Stittsville Main St 450 m
2. Slight left to stay on Stittsville Main St 60 m
3. Turn left at Hazeldean Rd 900 m
4. Take the 1st right onto Carp Rd 1.8 km
5. Merge onto ON-417 E via the ramp to Ottawa 27.0 km
6. Take exit 118 toward Nicholas Street/Gatineau/Autoroute 5 700 m
7. Merge onto Nicholas St 1.5 km
8. Slight right to stay on Nicholas St 100 m
9. Slight left at Waller St 300 m
10. Turn right at Rideau St 280 m
11. Turn left at King Edward Ave N (signs for Auto Route 5/) 1.0 km
12. Continue onto King Edward Ave N Entering QC 850 m
13. Continue onto Autoroute 5 N 24.3 km
14. Turn right toward QC-105 N 59 m
15. Turn left at QC-105 N 6.7 km
16. Turn left at Route Principale E/QC-366 O 6.7 km
17. Turn left at Chemin du Lac Philippe 2.4 km
Finish: P19 (Parking Lot 19) Lac Philippe 75.0km (Travel Time: approx 1.0hr)
As per Google Maps...
From Parking Lot to Group Site #4 (next to Renaud Cabin) - this part must be walked, snowshoed, or skied.
CLICK HERE TO CHECK FOR ALREADY COMPLETED EMERGENCY PLANS
Leaders.....If you have further information that would be useful about this location, please post a reply and I will update the information as appropriate.
|Blogspot except from another camper's winter experience...with photos...beautiful!
|| P19 to Renaud Cabin.doc
|| 543.5 KB
|| 59 Time(s)
1st Stittsville Alpha Troop
|| Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:55 pm
||All times are GMT - 5 Hours
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum