Spring is here and summer is just around the corner!! It’s time once again for 1st Stittsville’s annual Spring Hike for Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Venturers. Youth and their families are invited to enjoy some quality time outdoors to see all that nature has to offer. Let’s get outside, get active, and experience our local trails and environment!!
Date: Saturday, April 23, 2016
Time: 9:00 AM
Gathering Location: South March Highlands, Kanata, Parking along Second Line Road
Location: click here
0900 hrs Arrival and Gathering
0930 hrs Commence Hike
1130 hrs Beavers Return to Base and BBQ Lunch — approximately a 4km hike
1200 hrs Cubs Return to Base and BBQ Lunch — approximately a 7km hike
1230 hrs Scouts/Venturers Return to Base and BBQ Lunch — two options,
one approximately 8km and the other approximately 13km
1300 hrs Closing and Departure
We encourage everybody to bring along their camera and take advantage of the fabulous weather that has been requested by the Venturers.
This is a very popular area with mountain bikers, and you can find map of the trails here.
- Proper footwear and clothing are vital to a successful hike!! Please dress appropriately for the weather and trail conditions. This is a rain or shine event!
- A BBQ lunch will be available at the end of the hike.
- The trail is a public area and participants will need to respect and share the trail with other hikers.
- All participants will observe the “Leave No Trace” philosophy
- Family members and friends attending the hike must complete “Hold Harmless” form
- uggested Equipment for Hikers include: Day pack, whistle, extra socks, rain gear (if necessary), hat, sunscreen, bug repellant, binoculars, camera and water bottle