The BP Funfest is an outdoor activity night which involves the youth and leaders from Stittsville Scouting and Stittsville Guiding. The event is held to honour the two founders of the movement, Lord and Lady Baden-Powell and is planned around their joint birthdays, February 22nd.
- Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2016
- Start Time: 6:15 pm
- End Time: 8:00 pm
- Location: Goulbourn Recreation Center soccer field
The logistics for this event are as follows:
- Sparks, Beavers, Brownies, Cubs and junior Guides participate in exciting game rotations
- Scouts and Venturers will plan and setup the games
- Senior Guides, Scouts, Pathfinders and Venturers explain and run the games
- 1st Stittsville Scouts will bring the Hot Chocolate Please note that is a BYOM (Bring Your Own Mug) event.
- Guide units bring the Cookies
5:10 – pick up equipment from stores
5:45 – Arrival of youth volunteers (Venturers, Scouts, Guides and pathfinders) to set up the field
6:15 – 6:30 – Arrival of participants
6:30 – 6:45 – Opening and Instructions
6:45 – 7:45 – Games
7:45 – 8:00 – Hot Chocolate and Cookies (BYOM)
8:00 – 8:30 – Pack up & Return equipment to stores
COMMUNITY SERVICE EVENT:
Youth participating in picking up equipment, set-up and running the activities can get Community Service Hours. They should bring their volunteer sheets to the event for signing. Youth providing Community Service should arrive at 5:45 pm to setup and organize the games !!!
Team and Game Assignments
Please note your Team and Starting Game numbers in the table below. After the opening ceremony, your team will start their game rotation at the assigned Starting Game. You will then rotate sequentially through the games each time the siren sounds. For instance, when the siren sounds, the team at Game 1 will move on to Game 2, the team at the last game will move on to Game 1, etc.