September 22, 2012 at 8:16 pm #1914
Spring is here and summer is just around the corner!!
It’s time for 1st Stittsville’s annual Spring Hike for Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Venturers.
Let’s get outside, get active, and experience our local trails and environment!!
Date: Saturday, April 20, 2013
Time: 9AM – Noon
Location: NCC Trails, P6 Parking Lot, Richmond Road just south of West Hunt Club (map)
0900 hrs Arrival and Gathering
0930 hrs Commence Hike
1130 hrs Beavers Return to Base and BBQ Lunch
1200 hrs Cubs Return to Base and BBQ Lunch
1230 hrs Scouts/Venturers Return to Base and BBQ Lunch
1300 hrs Closing and Departure
Special Note To Scouts
The Scouts hike will be preparation for hiking camp so they should come prepared with a backpack with approximately 10-15% of their weight in it (proper gear, canned food, whatever, to simulate a hike). They should also have 1-2 litres of water with them and snacks for the trek.
Special Note To Cubs & Scouts
Cubs and Scouts are all encouraged to bring along their camera. We’d like to have the everybody taking a few pictures, and you can even use the opportunity to work towards the Photography badge at either the Cub or Scout level. Scouts, we would also like to have your photo submissions for the year-end banquet perhaps even edited to include captions. This is your opportunity to be creative – prizes will be awarded!!
• Proper footwear and clothing are vital to a successful hike!! Please dress appropriately for the weather and trail conditions. This is a rain or shine event!
• A BBQ lunch will be available at the end of the hike.
• Toilets/KYBOs are not available on site
• The trail is a public area and participants will need to respect and share the trail with other hikers.
• All participants will observe the “Leave No Trace” philosophy
• Family members and friends attending the hike must complete “Hold Harmless” form
• Suggested Equipment for Hikers include: Day pack, whistle, extra socks, rain gear (if necessary), hat, sunscreen, bug repellant, binoculars, and water bottle\
Directions from Stittsville:
• Take STITTSVILLE MAIN STREET south to FERNBANK
• Turn LEFT onto FERNBANK
• Take FERNBANK east to TERRY FOX
• Turn RIGHT onto TERRY FOX
• Continue on TERRY FOX, it turns into HOPE SIDE ROAD
• Continue on HOPE SIDE ROAD all the way to the end, at RICHMOND ROAD
• Turn LEFT onto RICHMOND ROAD
• Follow RICHMOND ROAD ~2km to P6 parking lot (left side of road, where the hydro lines cross the road)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.